(As of March 25, 2023 [Sat])
We holds services every Sunday morning from 9:00 to 9:40 a.m., gathering in the church building.
- Please wear a mask in the church.
- Please bring your own drinks to prevent dehydration.
- Please disinfect your hands and sign in at the reception desk and take your seats at intervals.
The pastor's mask is removed only during the filming of this video (pre-filming).
- Sermon manuscript (PDF)
- Service program (PDF)
Audio (Here are excerpts from the above video. Sound is produced).
Bible reading: Ezekiel 37:1-14、Rome8:6-11、John 11:1-45
Sermon: "Even though they die, will live." (Message based on the above Bible verses)
Past SermonsFor transcripts, recordings of past sermons, click here.
Bible class by Zoom
The program is held every Wednesday from 19:30-20:30（Detail page）. Please note that this is not a gathering in the church building.
- By Bus (From JR "Shimizu" Station): Take the Shizutetsu bus bound for "Shizuoka City Shimizu Hospital via the City Hospital Line" (Bus stop No. 2), get off at "Dobayashi 2-chome", and walk 2 minutes.（Google map）。
- Or it is a 15-minute walk from "Sakurabashi" Station (Shizuoka Railway).
# Parking is limited at this church, so please use public transportation if at all possible.
"Japan Evangelical Lutheran Shimizu Church" is a member of the Japan Evangelical Lutheran Church and a Protestant church in the line of Martin Luther, the 16th century religious reformer.
Christian churches are broadly classified into Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, and Protestant Church. The Lutheran Church is a Protestant church. The name "Lutheran" comes from the name of a religious reformer named Martin Luther.
Japan Evangelical Lutheran Shimizu Church began its mission in Shimizu in 1957, and its church building was constructed on November 7, 1965.